Wednesday, April 20, 2011

loving mommy hood

It is remarkable how the Lord works, little did I know that becoming pregnant after only 3 months of marriage to my love would be exactly what I needed. I did not think it at the time...fear, uncertainty, and lack of understanding led me to question why?

Yet, as time as gone by watching my tiny baby turn into a growing toddler I have realized more and more... that it is the only thing I needed, along with my hubby, to lead me onto the path of growth, knowledge, and a softer heart. So many "lessons" I have taken note of, tried to apply, and still needing to apply, but working at it, have come from this little angel of a boy.

Boy was I wrong when thinking I had my life planned out... I had this and that I was to accomplish before becoming a mommy. Yet, it seems I have accomplished more through my mom journey... as hard as it may be at times. Mommy hood is the best place to be for me.

And while expecting our second child in September... mommy hood seems to take on a whole new importance. Mommy hood is my calling. My place. And where I can and should find the greatest joys.

Sometimes its hard... the monotony of it all... and then moments like these come, when I realize... that's part of it! And it is ok! It is ok I find myself staying indoors the entire day, no outside interaction. Because I have my boy, my hubby, my little one on the way, and my God to pray to, to remind me of that. And he being the gracious God he is, sends it to me. Just when I need it... and hopefully this time I can keep that "lesson" engrained into my soul.

May we remember what greatness lies in our mommy hood.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...