Wednesday, August 25, 2010

sympathy.

My little Nixon is very tender hearted. Anytime he sees or hears someone crying, he looks at them intently and asks, "he sad?" And he will proceed with a bout of fake crying himself. He does this especially when other children are crying. His reaction to others sadness amazes me because I feel he sympathizes with them and wants to help them through their struggle.

As I thought about how sweet and sympathetic he is, I came up with the new challenge of finding someone who is struggling with any type of hardship right now. It could be ailing health, stresses with money, loneliness, etc. Keep your eyes and hearts open to an understanding of something that they need, and do it! If you do not know of someone who is struggling, you could find someone at the grocery store, walking on the street, or at work. Even if your act of sympathy is as simple as complimenting someone you don't know, keep your heart open.

Feel free to post comments of ideas you have of acts of sympathy.

GOOD LUCK!

1 comment:

  1. I find that if I tell someone I am going to serve them, it works a lot better. Most people say, "oh no no, I'm fine." Someone else told me this once and I have been trying to do it. A month ago when my neighbor had been in and out of the hospital, I knocked on her door with my cleaning supplies and cleaning gloves on and said I was here to clean her bathrooms. She was so thankful, had actually just cleaned them, but was in big need of a hug. I took my glove covered arms and gave her a hug. And I felt good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...